Book Name: Electromagnetics for electrical machines
Author: Electromagnetics for electrical machines, Ahmad Shahid Khan, Yatendra Pal Singh
Publisher: CRC Press
File format: PDF
Electromagnetics for electrical machines Pdf Book Description:
Electromagnetics for Electric Machines supplies a detailed yet accessible treatment of the linear theory of electromagnetics and its application to the design of electric machines. Leveraging valuable classroom insight obtained from the authors during their remarkable and continuing teaching professions, this text emphasizes concepts instead of numerical techniques, supplying presentation/project issues at the end of each phase to increase subject knowledge.
Highlighting the Basis of electromagnetic field (EMF) concept and its significance with electric machines, this publication:
– Reviews Maxwell’s equations and scalar and vector potentials
– Describes the particular cases Resulting in the Laplace, Poisson’s, eddy current, and wave equations
– Explores the usefulness of their uniqueness, generalized Poynting, Helmholtz, and approximation theorems
– Discusses the Schwarz–Christoffel transformation, in Addition to the conclusion of airgap permeance
– Addresses skin effects in round conductors and eddy currents in solid and laminated iron cores
– Includes examples Concerning the slot leakage inductance of rotating electric machines, transformer leakage inductance, and concept of hysteresis machines
– Presents diagnoses of EMFs in laminated-rotor electrical machines, three-dimensional discipline investigations for three-phase Good rotor induction machines, and much more
Electromagnetics for Electric Machines creates an perfect text to postgraduate-level students of electrical engineering, as well as of physics and electronics and communication technologies. It’s also a helpful reference for study scholars concerned with issues involving electromagnetics.