Book Name: Learning to Love Math: Teaching Strategies That Change Student Attitudes and Get Results
Author: Judy Willis
File size: 261 Kb
File format: PDF
Learning to Love Math: Teaching Strategies That Change Student Attitudes and Get Results Pdf Book Description:
Will there be a way to get pupils to love mathematics? Tapping into abundant research on the way the brain functions, Willis introduces a sensible way of how we could improve academic outcomes by demonstrating particular behaviours and teaching pupils in a manner that reduces negativity.
With a simple and accessible fashion, Willis shares the wisdom and expertise she has gained through her dual careers as a mathematics instructor and a neurologist. Besides understanding basic brain anatomy and function, readers will learn how to
* Boost deep negative attitudes toward mathematics.
* Strategy lessons with the objective of”viable challenge” in mind.
* Reduce error anxiety with techniques like errorless mathematics and estimation.
* Educate to distinct individual learning strengths and ability levels.
* Relate mathematics to pupils’ own interests and intentions.
* Support pupils in establishing short-term and long-term objectives.
* Convince students they can alter their intellect.
With heaps of approaches teachers can use at this time, Learning to Love Math sets the ability of study right into the hands of teachers. An Brain Owner’s Manual, which folds deeper into the structure and function of the mind, can also be contained –providing a very clear explanation of how memories are formed and the way that skills are learned. With educated teachers advising them, students will find they can construct a better mind… and learn how to love math!